Passionate writer experienced in storytelling, teaching,and editorial work. Instilled with the principle thateffective communication relies on meaning, sense,and clarity. Experienced in helping small businessesfind and express their voice in the ever-changingdigital world.
Area of Research
My research within the craft of creative writing explores the formal hybridity— the relationship between content and form. The research is conducted with an Indigenous lens, considering how modern and Western-taught storytelling is influenced by Indigenous cultures: oral tradition to pass down histories, healing stories used as medicine, and finding connection within others.
Skills & Competencies
- Revision Letters
- Canva & Fotor
- Research & Fact-Checking
- Creative Lesson Planning
- Online Education (Zoom, iLearn)
- Experiential Learning
- Digital Strategy
- Social Media Management
- Public Relations
• Crafted lesson plans and syllabi to ensure students had the tools they needed to succeed.
• Utilized “Experiential Learning” to encourage students to share and learn from their peers.
• Provided constructive feedback to students on assignments to further their knowledge and understanding of class materials.
• Managed deadlines and returned grades in a timely manner.
University of California, Riverside | Riverside, CA | March 2021 – Present
Graduate Teaching Assistant | Introduction to Creative Nonfiction (Workshop)
University of California, Riverside | Riverside, CA | October 2020 – March 2021
Graduate Teaching Assistant | Introduction to Creative Writing
- Rebranded the website and assets to appeal to the current demographic. Contracted a graphic designer and marketer to collaborate with the redesign of graphics.
- Wrote a guidebook for future teams and Editors-in-Chief, including a publishing calendar, a step-by-step guide for navigating WordPress and Submittable, and templates for budget requests.
- Recruited both experienced team members and provided opportunities, and mentorship, for team members who needed experience.
- Managed internal and external communications, working with editors, authors, university administration, and Submittable departments.
- Read, reviewed, and accepted submissions. Proofread and line-edited accepted submissions. Additionally, worked with authors to revise their work.
Editor-in-Chief | Santa Ana River Review
June 2020 – Present
Social Media Manager | Santa Ana River Review
September 2019 – June 2020
Creative Nonfiction Editor | Short Vine Literary Journal
April 2018 – May 2019
- Wrote copy for the shop’s social media channels and website, including blogs, product descriptions, and advertising materials
- Researched product history to find historical relevance to ensure accuracy in writing and pricing.
- Analyzed website keywords and phrasing to strengthen SEO, resulting in international sales.
- Worked with the Internet Marketing Manager to ensure deadlines were met or exceeded.
Vintage 42 | Cincinnati, OH
August 2018 – February 2019
Social Media Manager
Al’s Bar |Cincinnati, OH
May 2018 – November 2018
Scholarships, Fellowships, & Awards
|2016||Award||1st Place in Creative Nonfiction|
(Sinclair College Writing Contest)
|2016||Scholarship||Antioch Writers’ Workshop|
|2021||Fellowship||Chancellor’s Distinguished Fellowship|
MFA | Creative Writing (Nonfiction)
University of California, Riverside | Riverside, CA
Expected Graduation June 2021
BA | English Literature (Creative Writing)
University of Cincinnati | Cincinnati, OH